17.6.11

my new clogs from Mr. José Leite

When I saw these clogs at kermisblauw I got so happy, especially after reading the story behind them. Alice Bernardo documents traditional and semi-industrial techniques in Portugal. These clogs were made by Mr. José Leite. He is 85 years old and still makes shoes.
They are for sale at the website from Alice.
I ordered a pair some time ago and they arrived rather quick in a nice package.
They are a little bit too big for me (my own fault, I'm always doubting which size to order online) but I love them nevertheless. They got a nice spot on the floor in my living room.
Besides being shoes they are a wonderful object made with a lot of dedication.

1 comment:

  1. Misschien lukt het wel met een paar dikke sokken in de winter. Hier draagt iedereen ze in huis. Je doet alles gezaperig. Dochterslief vinden het super om ook 'groter' te zijn.

    ReplyDelete